What is E Shram Yojana 2023?
Shramev Jayate Eshram Yojana 2023: The Ministry of Labor and Employment has introduced a programme under the name of “Workers of the Unorganized Sector Are Given by the Central Government“. With the aim of providing direct benefits to the approximately 43.7 million unorganised sector workers across the nation, data collection at the central level has begun. Through the preparation of Eshram cards, these workers will be able to directly benefit from the programmes introduced by the central and state governments.
An initiative by the Ministry of Labour
One of the oldest and most significant ministries in the Indian government, the Ministry of Labour & Employment, is constantly working to improve the lives and dignity of the labour force, complying with all the regulations and constitutional laws of India.
The objective of the card
The Eshram Yojana has the objective to gather data of workers, covering each sector in the economy. There will be a National Database with information about uncategorized workers. The main focus of the Eshram Card Scheme is to help the workers in the unorganized economic sectors to easily avail any service or scheme initiated by the Central Government relevant for such workers. They would be eligible to receive direct benefits from the central government and respective state governments.
An economic sector that is not represented by any organization or company can be said an unorganized sector. There are no stipulated salaries given to the workers associated with the sector. There are no regular salaries, stipends, additional benefits, etc. Also, there are no provident funds, gratuities, social security, etc. in an unorganized sector. If a worker is not from unorganized sector but represents organized sector, he can’t avail the direct benefits of Eshram card.
What is NDUW or UAN Card Scheme 2023?
The National Database of Uncategorized Workers is known as NDUW in short. It falls under the Ministry of Labour and Employment. The Eshram Yojana Portal has been developed under the ministry, from where the UAN Card Scheme has been launched.
Here are some distinct examples of workers from the unorganized sector:
- Small farmers
- Marginal farmers
- Beedi rolling workers
- Workers in brick kilns
- Workers in saw mills
- Workers in stone quarries
- Workers in leather units
- Construction workers in the realty sector
- Workers in animal husbandry domain
- Labourers in agricultural farms
What are the Benefits of E Shram Card 2023?
It is crucial to know about the specific benefits of the Eshram Card Scheme to have clear ideas on how using the card can be advantageous. Here are some of the principal benefits:
- Implementation of social security schemes for the workers in the unorganized sector using the database
- Implementation of features from the BHIM Yojana Security
- No premium is needed to be paid in the first year of the PM Security BHIM Yojana
- Benefits from other welfare schemes by the government
- Helpful for the government to frame and improvise policies
- Easy to implement vocational skill development programmes for the workers
- More and better employment opportunities for the workers
Eligibility Conditions for Registration of Eshram Card Scheme 2023
One has to comply with a specific set of eligibility conditions to apply, and they are:
- The individual should be aged between 15 to 59 years
- The individual should not be an income tax (IT) payer
- The individual should not be a member of the EPF / ESIC
- The individual should not be a worker from the Organized Sector
E Shram Card Registration Overview 2023
|Article title||E Shram Card Registration 2023|
|Yojana||E Shram Card|
|Launched in , helpdesk||26 august 2021 , 14434|
|Purpose||To provide various government schemes to public|
|Benefit||Pension after 60 Years and accidental insurance coverage.|
|Important documents||Aadhar Card, bank account , etc.|
|Pension||1000 Rs. Per month|
How to register for E Shram Card Yojana 2023?
The process of applying for an Eshram card 2023 is simple. You need to follow a set of easy steps to get the card.
- You need to visit the Common Service Centre nearest to your location
- Share the full details of your Aadhaar Card with the concerned executive
- You need to submit mandatory documents fulfilling the required criteria
- You would be registered online by the operator at the Common Service Centre
- You can get the card downloaded and printed on paper for which you wouldn’t be charged anything
- If you want the card in format of the Aadhaar card, you need to pay separately
You can conveniently apply for the Eshram card online, by visiting the official portal of the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Indian Government. The site is eshram.gov.in.
What Documents are Required to Register for the Eshram card Yojana 2023?
Mandatory documents to register for the Eshram card are:
- Mandatory EKYC where the fingerprint on the Aadhaar Card of the concerned person would be used
- A valid bank account number of the person
- Mobile phone number of the person
You need to click on the link signifying the process of registration. Fill the online form that appears. While doing it, you would receive an OTP (one time password) in your mobile phone. Use it to proceed with the process. Fill details such as name, address, occupation, bank account number, etc. in the self registration online form. After the process, you would be able to download the UAN Card or Eshram card from the portal.
Process Fee of E SHRAM Card Application 2023
You would be pleased to know that there is no validity period for the card. It is valid for a lifetime. There is no fee to get the card. If you want the information to be updated, you need to pay Rs 20/-.
eShram.gov.in Card Payment Status Check 2023
|Name of Card||E Shram Card|
|Launched by||Central Government|
|Benefits||Rs 1000/- monthly assistance and Insurance|
|E Shram Card Installment List Date||October 2023|
|Shramik Card Payment Date||October 2023|
|Mode of Transfer||Direct Bank Transfer (DBT)|
|Operative in||All States|
|Type of Post||Yojana|
|E Shram Card Payment Status Check Online||eshram.gov.in|
Eshram.gov.in Payment Status Visible Links 2023
|Eshram.gov.in Shram Card Portal||Click Here|
|E Shram Card Payment Status Check Online||Check Here|
Q. Can KYC done online while applying for the Eshram card?
Ans. Yes, you can easily do the KYC process online when you apply for the Eshram card on the government portal.
Q. Is Eshram Yojana an initiative of Central Government?
Ans. Yes, the Eshram Yojana is a policy initiative of the Central Government of India to provide social, monetary, and administrative benefits to Indian workers who belong to the unorganized sector of the Indian economy.
Q. Are voter card and Aadhaar Card mandatory to be uploaded to apply for the Eshram card?
Ans. Yes, you need to mandatorily upload your voter id card and Aadhaar card when you apply for the Eshram card.
Q. Is it possible to receive the benefits of all social security schemes of the government if one has the card?
Ans. The social security schemes that are relevant to the workers of the unorganized sector fall under the coverage of the Eshram card. You get benefits of such government schemes.
Q. What is the age bracket to apply for the card?
Ans. You need to be between 15 years and 59 years of age to apply for the Eshram card.